American Cannabis Nurses Association
The American Cannabis Nurses Association is a national organization dedicated to expanding the knowledge base of endocannabinoid therapeutics among nurses. It was founded by a small group of dedicated nurses who saw the need for an organization to bring nurses together in a collegial and informational capacity to discuss the growing use of cannabis in medicine.
Nurses provide direct patient care, using a holistic approach that incorporates the biological, sociological and psychological factors of patients in their care. Hence, the public health considerations of cannabis use, the social and legal climate, and patient care issues are all directly relevant to clinical nursing practice.
For more information about the American Cannabis Nurses Association, visit https://cannabisnurses.org
Society of Cannabis Clinicians
The Society of Cannabis Clinicians (SCC) was formed as a project of the California Cannabis Research Medical Group (CCRMG) in the autumn of 2004 by the member physicians of the CCRMG to aid in the promulgation of voluntary standards for clinicians engaged in the recommendation and approval of cannabis under California law (HSC §11362.5).
The Society of Cannabis Clinicians is an educational and scientific society of qualified physicians and other professionals dedicated to the promotion, protection and support of cannabis for medical use. Its mission is to unite into one association members of the various medical specialties and allied professionals with this common purpose. The goals of the Society are as follows:
- Expansion of knowledge on the medical use of cannabis
- Facilitation of best practice standards for cannabis consultations
- To study, discuss, and make recommendations relating to research, practice, and policy in the medical use of cannabis
- To further the recruitment of medical graduates and able physicians willing to recommend cannabis to patients
- To maintain and advance the highest possible ideals and service standards in the education, practice, and research in the medical use of cannabis
For more information about the Society of Cannabis Clinicians, visit http://cannabisclinicians.org/