New York State Medical Use of Marijuana v1.0
Developed by TMCIGlobal, and approved by the New York State Department of Health, this course is designed for providers in the State of New York seeking to gain basic knowledge about the use of medical cannabis and to participate in the New York Medical Marijuana program.
This product is a CME/CE-Certified Activity.
Partnership Statement: This activity is jointly provided by AffinityCE and TMCIGlobal.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the current legal landscape of recommending medical cannabis
- Describe the outcomes of the Oncology Clinicians and the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Program: A Survey on Medical Cannabis Practice Patterns, Barriers to Enrollment, and Educational Needs study (of interest to all healthcare providers in any state)
- Review the FSMB Model Guidelines for the Recommendation of Marijuana in Patient Care
- Discuss the pharmacology of cannabis and its effect on the endocannabinoid system
- Evaluate the evidence for treating patient conditions with medical cannabis
- Analyze use disorders and other patient precautions for recommending medical cannabis
- Analyze the effects of dosing and common delivery methods of medical cannabis
- Describe New York-specific considerations for discussing medical marijuana use with patients
- Explain the New York state medical marijuana program
- Launch Date: July 1, 2022
- Expiration Date: June 30, 2023
Duration: 240 mins
4.0 CME Credit Available
Accessible for 1 Year