Your product contains a CME/CE-certified activity and other state-specific resources.
Physicians wishing to apply for a CTR will need to download the CME Certificate from the CME/CE-Certified Activity AND the Certificate of Completion (not certified for CME/CE credit) from the State-Specific Resource Activity, and submit BOTH of these certificates as part of your application to the Ohio State Medical Board.
If you have any questions, please contact us for assistance.
Developed by TMCIGlobal and certified through the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program, this online curriculum is designed to educate physicians who wish to apply for a Certificate to Recommend through the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program.
Successful completion of this course meets the CME requirements for the initial Ohio Certificate to Recommend (CTR) application and the learner will earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 ™ credits.
Physicians wishing to apply for a CTR will need to download the CME Certificate from the CME/CE-Certified Activity AND the Certificate of Completion (not certified for CME/CE credit) from the State-Specific Resource Activity, and submit BOTH of these certificates as part of your application to the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program.
Purchase grants one learner one year’s access to lessons and quizzes (access expires 365 days from the date of course activation).
NOTE: Pricing for your team is available! Call 844.490.2569 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ethan Russo, MD: Dr. Russo is a neurologist and Director of Research and Development at ICCI.
Michelle Sexton, ND: Dr. Sexton is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of California, San Diego.
Sunil K. Aggarwal, MD, PhD, FAAPMR: Dr. Aggarwal serves as Palliative Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine Physician in Private Practice and MultiCare Health System in Washington State, a Clinical Instructor at the University of Washington School of Medicine, and an Afilliate Assistant Professor of Geography at UW.
Click the link to view CME/CE accreditation information: CME Information
Basic Sciences: The ECS and the Pharmacology of Cannabis
- The basic function of the endocannabinoid system in various tissues, organs, and body systems.
- The physiologic effect of cannabis on body systems and the side effects of cannabis that patients may experience.
- The pharmacokinetics of cannabis absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination in order to facilitate patient treatment.
Qualifying Patient Conditions and Treatment
- Specific conditions qualifying for medical marijuana use in Ohio State.
- Understand how marijuana is used in the treatment of these conditions.
Cannabis Use Disorders and Precautions
- The differences in the absorption and metabolism rates with different methods of cannabis administration.
- Cannabis dependence, addiction, tolerance, and withdrawal.
NOTE: Not certified for CME/CE credit.
Dosing Best Practices and Methods of Administration
- List common delivery methods for medical cannabis
- Identify considerations for each delivery method